Well we woke up and decided to go for a nice brisk walk and do something physical since our whole Saturday was spent in bed. We walked along this beautiful river not too far from our apartment and there were other people out exercising. The one thing that I am noticing is that we get stared at a lot, but that’s when the whole “smile is universal” thing comes in handy. I just smile, and they smile back.
Our neighbourhood is really nice, and I think we lucked out because we are right near a YMCA, a public school, a nice big church, and other little shops. We are noticing a bit of a bug problem but we are going to try and get rid of that today. We are off to E-Mart or Home Plus, Wal-Mart sort of stores where we can buy some things to spruce up the apartment and get some of the essentials.
We are back now, and it was quite the place. It had everything from bedding to pots and pans, groceries to footwear, and even luggage to mirrors and clocks.
It was crazy busy because it was a Sunday afternoon, but we brought our backpacks and filled them up to make the walk from the subway stop a little easier on us. We bought a full length mirror so that was quite interesting carrying that down the road. But we made it and I got all cozy and set up our place with all our new things. J
Elyse went to hang out with Alec for the day so I watched lots of movies. Its so weird being here and having heaps of time. Before I left for Korea, I felt like I was so busy with work, packing up the house, packing for Korea and seeing everyone before I left for a year. Now that I am here, and I have so much time for myself, I feel like I need to get a hobby or something. I felt kinda like a loser watching movies all day, but I am sure with time, I will make friends and figure out what to do with spare time here. Being alone is quite the thing though. I couldn’t imagine coming here all alone. Its just so much to adjust to, and I am just used to having so many people to experience everything with. I do get a little lonely from time to time, but I think this will be good for me.
Elyse and Alec came back just after dinner and we watched some Superbad, Best of Will Farrell and Anchorman and drank some wine. Ya I think I polished off 5 movies today in total. Haha. Oh well what can ya do. It was a rainy day, so I guess I shouldn’t feel too bad I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment