Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Monday May 5, 2008 – Wanna go shopping at Athlete’s Foot?




Elyse and I decided to go downtown and walk around to look for a birthday present for Alec.  His birthday is next weekend so we thought we would take advantage of our day off to do a little shopping.  It was so busy downtown, and when I say busy, I mean busy.  You are always bumping into people and that is something that you have to learn here.  People don’t say sorry for bumping into you here. Oh and guys you would enjoy this one: the man always carries the purses for their lady friend, and sometimes you see couples dressed the same.  I mean same shirt, same jeans…only different sizes.  Full out twins.  I think Jay would enjoy being my twin for the day, especially when I wear my purple polka dot shirt. 


We went into a Canada Café where they actually sell Tim Hortons! Isn’t that crazy?! Then we continued on our hunt.  We went by crazy stores such as “Athlete’s Foot,” “Blue Angel” and a “Sex and the City” store.  We decided to go find the book store Elyse remembered from last year but Elyse (gotta love her) really doesn’t have the greatest sense of direction.  (hence her turning the wrong way at the only stop lights in Wheatley, and going the wrong direction on the 401 once) Anyway we walked around the subways for a while and it’s the most bizzar thing…its like a shopping mall under there.  So huge…it just keeps going and going.  And one thing about stores here, are that in an area of the underground mall or downtown shopping there is a whole section of just cell phone stores or just sunglass shops.  I don’t quite understand it.  And I don’t mean just a couple…I mean a whole street full of cell phone stores.  A little excessive if you ask me.

 

We finally made it to the great book store Kyobo.  I officially have a membership and am going to go there all the time.  You should see the stationary they have.  And as most of you know, I have this little obsession with journals.  Ya well think of that x10 because there is so much cool stuff.  Big journals, little journals, colourful journals and pocket sized journals.  WOW journals.  And other cool stuff like stickers and pens, and pencils cases oh my.

 

Anyway I bought 2 books cause again…I need a hobby and while we were there Elyse got asked out by a Korean hunk.  He came up and as Elyse says, he looked like a playa…and he said she was “delicate and beautiful like a rose.”  He said this in a little post-it of course that Elyse seems to think was pre-written just in case he met up with a foreigner.  I think he must have wrote it right then cause he was dead on about the rose thing.  Elyse seems to think if she could be described in one word, it would definitely be delicate. (haha)

 

We went for a quick lunch at the grand opening of a very fancy café that had mirrors everywhere and was super classy.  We had sandwiches and deliciously sweet green tea lattes.  We walked around some more and then walked home.  We took some pictures around the neighbourhood and had some dinner and went to bed.

1 comment:

Wilson said...

Haha, oh Carly, reading your stories just reminds me of how epically cute you really are. Just remember that on those days you're staying home watching movies, I'm doing the same thing except I'm in Canada so it's about ten times less cool ;)